Impeccable Safety Record
Testaments to Mitchell Drilling's impeccable safety record have been recognized as far back as 1979 when the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) awarded Mitchell first place for the least amount of loss time accidents on land based rigs in the United States among peer drilling companies. In 1992 Mitchell Drilling received IADC's Bronze Award for Accident Prevention, and most recently, in 1999, Mitchell Drilling was recognized again for their concern for the safety of their employees.
Protecting the Environment
The nature of our business begins with nature. We believe we have a responsibility to plan and manage our drilling activities with a minimal amount of disturbance to the natural, cultural, and social environment. Our environmental policy states that we will:
- Protect the surrounding land, air, and water from unnecessary pollutants and upheaval.
- Respect known archaeological, cultural, natural, or scientific sites.
- Plan and manage our drilling operations so as not to infringe upon the interests of other rightful land use.
- Conduct seminars and meetings to ensure that all employees and sub-contractors are aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Comply with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
We take safety seriously. Our safety records are available through AVETTA.